Doing a detoxification treatment of the body does not mean starving yourself, in order to lose weight and look better. A diet that involves starving yourself is a wrong diet and one of the most harmful to the body.
Basically, detoxification actually means carefully selecting the foods you eat, removing unhealthy, processed food, drink, but also negative thoughts or many other stressful things that cause disorders, nervousness, mind, body and spirit issues. How do we eliminate toxins from the body to improve our health at the same time?
How to detoxify the body
To speed up digestion, it is recommended to season the dishes. You can use different herbs and spices. With this method the diet will be healthier. Therefore, if you have slow digestion and suffer from congestion, lethargy, fatigue, you may have certain problems or imbalances in the body. You need spices that stimulate digestion, help decongest and restore health and the ability to concentrate. The most suitable spices are:
- Ginger, black, white and red pepper;
- Garlic, cumin, turmeric;
- Cinnamon, cloves, mustard seeds.
Basmati rice, which is the healthiest rice, should not be missing from the detoxification treatment. It is distinguished by its special smell, being known in some countries of the world as “the king of scented rice”. Its aroma is created by the substance 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, which also appears in other types of rice, but in a much smaller amount.
White basmati rice is more processed than brown rice. The brown basmati rice variety is recommended because it retains all its nutritional properties (magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin E, B6, selenium, copper, niacin, theanine, fiber).
Rice can be eaten boiled, seasoned with fennel, turmeric, cumin, coriander.
According to health experts, the main cause of diseases is improper digestion. Processed, sugary, refined foods, etc. should be avoided. The healthiest foods for the body and mind are the fresh ones.
Gum health is also important, because a healthy mouth is a component of optimal digestion. When saliva is balanced and the teeth are cleaner, the gums are healthier and digestion is better. The choice of food also matters. Everything you eat will reach the tissues of your body and that is why it is important that the food is quality, fresh and healthy. If you follow a healthy diet and in addition you have proper oral hygiene, then you can have optimal health and an attractive smile.
For a good cleansing of the body, nutrition is important, but also rest and relaxation. In yoga practice, certain asanas and fluid movements are used, which revitalize the senses, body and mind. One such exercise would be sun salutation, which is a beneficial health practice.
The best body-cleansing teas
This tea is recommended in detoxification because it gently stimulates the mind, encourages enthusiasm, improves digestion and blood circulation. Rooibos tea reduces stress, tension, depression, nervousness and anxiety. It doesn’t contain caffeine, does not cause insomnia, has no side effects. It’s rich in bioflavonoids, antioxidants and polyphenols, which strengthen the body’s immunity.
This plant native to India has a strong lemon scent and contains active elements (nerol, limonene, citral, geraniol, folic acid, zinc, magnesium, copper, vitamin A, C, potassium, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, iron) with beneficial properties for the body: antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, astringent.
Lemongrass tea helps reduce uric acid, parasites and bacteria from the digestive tract, reduce fever, relieve headaches, treat infectious diseases and relieve the symptoms of digestive diseases: constipation, indigestion, cramps, abdominal spasms, burns, bloating.
Cardamom has important minerals and micronutrients (calcium, potassium, sodium, sulfur, phosphorus, iron, manganese, magnesium, zinc), but also vitamins (A, C, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin). This spice has antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and cleansing properties, improves digestion and health.
Cardamom tea has an antidepressant effect, reduces muscle and joint pain, the risk of cardiovascular disease, stomach and gastrointestinal disorders.
Ginger has mainly antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties for the body and skin. It can be mixed into tea with various herbs. Helps in cases of colic, cramps, fever, chills, arthritis, sore throat, sinusitis, cough, congestion, cold, flu, nausea and more.
Rules for keeping the body healthy
Other body cleansing tips:
- Wake up early in the morning, when the sun rises, to set your body according to the rhythm of nature;
- Follow a sleep schedule, that means going to bed at 10 p.m;
- In the evening, reduce your activities and avoid using technology for too long;
- Before sleep you need relaxation, a break from stress and Internet;
- Take a walk in nature every day;
- Do sport, exercise, yoga or other activities – pilates, fitness;
- Meditate daily and focus on your Higher Self.
How the body heals itself
If the body receives the basics (a healthy diet, quality water, rest and more) then it is able to function properly and heal itself. Therefore, it is essential to provide the body with the right conditions to heal, this will create a state of well-being.
People make certain mistakes, which can affect their body, causing imbalances:
- They eat continuously (snacks, sweets) when they are not hungry at all.
- They stay up late at night (on TV or on the computer) although they notice how their body needs sleep.
- They do not take into account the senses, what signals they transmit. For example, when you feel a burning sensation in your eyes or notice that they begin to dry, due to long use of the PC screen, you should take a break, to rest. If you ignore these symptoms then things may get worse and certain imbalances may occur, which can even lead to various diseases.
Sleep plays an important role in your physical health and in the proper functioning of the brain. Researchers’ studies have shown that quality sleep offers many benefits to human health, namely:
- Growth hormones are produced that help cell regeneration;
- Improved memory, concentration and learning ability;
- Decreases the risk of illness (lack of sleep and sleep disorders have been associated with cardiovascular disease, stress, fatigue syndrome, depression and other more serious conditions);
- The body rests and in addition certain processes take place at night, which are different from those during the day.
More from Healt
When A Loved One Has Been Diagnosed With Cancer
Being the primary caregiver for someone with cancer can be a challenging and difficult experience for anyone. As a caregiver, …
What are anxiety disorders?
Anxiety disorders include a number of problems. This category includes the following forms: generalized anxiety, social phobia, specific phobias (eg …
What is ADHD? Symptoms and treatment
ADHD is a behavioral disorder manifested by the inability of children to focus on a particular occupation. It's a medical condition …
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.